The next time you leave the house in the morning without something to eat, consider this; Skipping breakfast can set you off for overeating in the day. A healthy meal can give you energy, satisfy your appetite, and set the stage for smart decisions all day.
Here is a look at some breakfast meals to help boost your day.
- Oatmeal: It contains betaglucan, a type of fibre that has been shown to help reduce the cholesterol level and is also rich in Omega-3 fatty acid, phosphate and potassium.
- Tea : tea has an impressive health benefit. It hydrates you more and it is a rich source of the immunity boosting anti – oxidants known as catechism.
- Cereals: cereals can be tricky because of the variety in the markets but with 5 grams of fibre and less than 5grams of sugar, you’ve got yourself a meal/ it is rich in folic acid especially the whole grain or bran cereals.
- Eggs: Eggs were once shunned for being high in dietary cholesterol but if you are choosing lean proteins and not eating a ton of fat and cholesterol, then eggs are great things to have in your diet.
- Bananas: They are best sources of resistant starch a healthy carbohydrate that leaves you feeling fuller longer.
Don’t leave the house on an empty stomach. Try tea if you’re in a hurry, and then always have a bowl of cereal at home. Enjoy your breakfast .
By: miss. Nnabude Chinenye. V.